The purpose of the role is to supervise and ensure efficient coordination and control of operations in the Secretariat by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes in line with relevant Acts, Regulations and Policies
1. Coordinate and control audit programs and activities in the Secretariat.
2. Supervise follow up of raised audit issues with management for action of audit recommendations
3. Ensure Secretariat assets are safe guarded and properly utilized
4. Prepare Internal Audit Annual Work Plan and monitor its implementation
5. Determine adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems
6. Liaise with external auditors on statutory audits
7. Carry out investigations on irregularities identified or reported in audit reports
8. Supervise and review financial records of the Secretariat to ensure they are in compliance with the relevant ac- counting principles
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field from an institution recognized in Kenya.
2. Master’s degree in accounting or a related field from an institution recognized in Kenya
3. Eight (8) cumulative years of relevant experience at senior level
4. Certified Public Accountant – CPA(K) or its equivalent from a recognized institution is mandatory.
5. Member of a relevant professional body e.g. ICPAK, ACCA, IIA, ISACA.
In addition, any of the below would be an added advantage:
a) Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
b) Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE),
c) Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
d) Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP)